New! More Local Mission News! Bethesda Help and Literacy Council!
Saint Mark Presbyterian Church (Saint Mark) seeks to be an open and inclusive community of Christian faith pursuing the love of God and neighbor, while honoring the gifts of all people. Our desire is to be a community where spiritual growth and service come together in creative balance. Saint Mark has six core values and the Local Mission Ministry (LMM) activities are based in large part on these values:
- Commitment: We offer ourselves, our time, our gifts and our resources to the service of God.
- Community: We are a caring family of faith, honoring the gifts of all people and celebrating our life together.
- Compassion: We care for all God’s children, responding to those in pain and nurturing one another in love.
- Hospitality: We welcome everyone to share with us in the community of Christ.
- Mission: We listen and respond to the needs of the world, reaching out to serve others in our community and throughout the world.
- Spiritual Growth: We grow closer to God through the disciplines of prayer, study, service and worship.
Saint Mark strives to meet the needs of the community in which we worship, serve, and live. To support organizations in our community that are working to make this a better place to live for all citizens, Saint Mark allocates funds through its Grant Program to non-profit agencies that address local community needs in efficient and innovate ways. Saint Mark members also support the community through hands-on activities including working with Rebuilding Together, participating in Habitat for Humanity build days, conducting school supply and food drives, preparing and serving shelter meals, and providing holiday gifts.
Saint Mark LLM Grant Program
The Saint Mark LLM Grant Program Application can be found at the Request for Funding Project Summary Form. Applications must provide clear objectives about what the organization will accomplish with the grant money and must include the following:
- Completed Request for Funding Project Summary Form — maximum length of 3 pages;
- Agreement to submit a written report describing the actual use of funds when requested.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All applications, with supporting documents, must be submitted no later than December 20th via e-mail or U.S. Mail to:US Mail:
Local Mission Ministry Grants Program
Saint Mark Presbyterian Church
10701 Old Georgetown Road
Rockville, MD 20852 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal is to notify applicants once the church budget is finalized.
Please note: By submitting a grant application, the applying entity gives permission to Saint Mark to use the applicant’s name and other identifying information in promotional materials. These materials would be directed mainly to the congregation to inform members of how grant funds are allocated.